Re: [INTERFACES] duplicate messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] duplicate messages
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Vince Gonzalez <vince@nycrc.net> writes:
> It seems someone is resending messages to the list.  Is anyone else
> seeing this?  I have an extra Delivered-To: line in my headers on the
> second message:
> What's going on?

Yeah, some broken mailer was regurgitating messages back to the
pgsql-interfaces list :-(.  This happens fairly often, because there
are so many incompetently-written Internet-to-something-else mail
gateways out there; too many of them bounce failed mailing-list messages
back to the original author (bad) or the list submission address (worse),
rather than to the list errors address like they're supposed to.

I believe Marc removed the offending address from the list yesterday.
But since there seemed to be a day or so's delay in the message loop,
we might have to put up with another batch before the queue empties at
comodo.net.  Have patience...
        regards, tom lane