RE: Rename a column if not already renamed.?

От Day, David
Тема RE: Rename a column if not already renamed.?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Finally resolved this.  Bottom-line some stupidity-bad analysis on my part.
Scenario was - changes were ported from trunk back to a branch and then rolling that branch
back into trunk.

Altering the rename_column fx to check that old and new name did not exist
was a necessary for  merge process to complete.

I ended up with an additional patch in trunk that would only be relevant to a upgraded system,
to DROP  IF EXISTS old_column name that was re-added by a trunk patch to when the branch rolled forward.

Obviously nothing to do with 9.6 -> 11.3 postgres upgrade.

Again thanks to all for assistance

Dave