Re: query performance question

От Marcin Citowicki
Тема Re: query performance question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Hubert,

Thank you for your reply. I don't really need to count rows in transactions table, I just thought this was a good example to show how slow the query was.
But based on what you wrote it looks like count(*) is slow in general, so this seems to be OK since the table is rather large.
I just ran other queries (joining transactions table) and they returned quickly, which leads me to believe that there could be a problem not with the database, but with the box
the db is running on. Sometimes those same queries take forever and now they complete in no time at all, so perhaps there is a process that is running periodically which is slowing the db down.
I'll need to take a look at this.
Thank you for your help!

Marcin