Re: proposal: Preference SQL

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: proposal: Preference SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Jan Urbański wrote:
>> SELECT * FROM computers
>> PREFERRING HIGHEST(main_memory) AND HIGHEST(cpu_speed);
>
> This seems similar to the SKYLINE OF patch that was discussed a year (?)
> ago. Are you familiar with that project? Can you summarize the differences?

Oh, I wasn't familiar with it. After reading through the archives - it
it very similar. I guess what some people are calling PREFERRING, others
are calling SKYLINE OF. There may be subtle differences though, I'll
post a comparision after getting some more info on it.

--
Jan Urbanski
GPG key ID: E583D7D2

ouden estin