Re: Advice on MyXactMade* flags, MyLastRecPtr, pendingDeletes and lazy XID assignment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Advice on MyXactMade* flags, MyLastRecPtr, pendingDeletes and lazy XID assignment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> So should we not force synchronous commit if all to-be-deleted files
> are temporary? Or is that pushing our luck too much, because it opens
> the window of possible file leakage considerably wider?

I think this area is something to be left for later.  Just worry about
XID avoidance for now, and maybe we'll revisit file creation/deletion
at another time.  (I'm not of the opinion that it's so broken that we
need to force two WAL flushes per file creation to fix it.)