Re: Money data type - Deprecated?

От Justin
Тема Re: Money data type - Deprecated?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 03:46:39PM -0400, Justin wrote:
Thats a good Question is the Money type ever going to die i believe it was
deprecated several versions ago?
I think it was undeprecated in 8.3 because someone (D'Arcy J.M. Cain?)
made a bunch of changes to the datatype to make it more
currency-portable.  Have a look in the release notes.

I did it don't say that much
  • Widen the MONEY data type to 64 bits (D'Arcy Cain)

    This greatly increases the range of supported MONEY values.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-3.html

Is there somewhere else i'm suppose to look?  I'm glade its been saved.

it could use more improvements like ability to
    1.change precision,
    2.change output format.