Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> Huh?  I don't follow that at all...

> Suppose you have a subquery that returns 1000 rows.  There is no code so
> lookups of the inner table are indexed:

>     select *
>     from tab
>     where col in (select col2 from tab2)

> In this case, a sequential scan of the subquery results are required.

Well, yes, the subquery is a sequential scan.  I guess what you are
envisioning is rewriting this into some kind of nested-loop join?
For simple cases that might be possible...

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries