Re: psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

От Chris
Тема Re: psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan Joo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I am having problems logging into psql as a non-‘postgres’ user.
>

> */home/djoo[5:38pm]$ %psql kermit -U postgres*
>
> *psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"*

Sure there isn't a line like this:

local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser

uncommented?

$ cat /path/to/pg_hba.conf | grep -v '^#'

Normally the 'postgres' user is 'ident' only unless you remove (or
comment out) that particular line, then restart postgres.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/