Re: updating a row referenced by a foreign key

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: updating a row referenced by a foreign key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> Is there a simple way to update the row, and cascade the change to any
> and all rows referencing this row as a foreign key? I searched on
> cascade in the postgres docs and while I found references to deletion, I
> didn't find one for updates.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-constraints.html#DDL-CONSTRAINTS-FK

"Analogous to ON DELETE there is also ON UPDATE which is invoked when a
referenced column is changed (updated). The possible actions are the same."

--
Craig Ringer