Re: sql dump

От Gauthier, Dave
Тема Re: sql dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Maybe with a stored procedure that reads metadata plus data and spits everything out in sql-form to stdout somehow.
plperlmight be a good language choice.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Scott Frankel
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 11:59 AM
To: PostgreSQL List
Subject: [GENERAL] sql dump

Hi all,

Is it possible to perform an SQL Dump without using pg_dump?

I have a special case situation wherein my application has access to a
remotely-hosted PG (8.3) database, but does not have access to its
admin tools.  (There's a longer backstory here that I'm happy to
explain if necessary.)  I'm looking for an efficient way to dump all
the data in the DB without having to SELECT * on each table.

Thanks in advance!
Scott