Re: max_fsm_relations

От Gauthier, Dave
Тема Re: max_fsm_relations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There is no way I have 1000 tables/indexes.  But maybe it's counting table/index file extensions in the mix?  What's
themetadata query to see these 1000 relations?

-dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Moran [mailto:wmoran@potentialtech.com]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 3:03 PM
To: Gauthier, Dave
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] max_fsm_relations

> I just did a Vacuum Analyze on a DB.  It worked OK, but I got...
>

> NOTICE: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
> HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations"

Then it didn't work OK.

> I browsed around and learned that this has to do with keeping track of free disk space.
> Q: Is there a problem with leaving this alone?  How serious is this if it is a problem?

Vacuum is probably not doing all that it needs to.  Which means some tables
will grow until they use up all your disk space.

> Q: Is there a way I can shrink this number (reload the data to consume the free space perhaps?)

Drop some databases, tables, sequences, etc.  That will reduce the number
of relations that PG has to track.

Or, just raise the parameter and restart postgres.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com