Re: libpq object hooks

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: libpq object hooks
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
>  ISTM the hook
> ought to be able to request that libpq return an out-of-memory failure
> for the query, just as would happen if the malloc failure had happened
> directly to libpq.

I am working on this new patch and that is how I have been implementing it.  If
the eventProc function returns FALSE for creation events (not destruction
events), the libpq call that triggered it will fail.  For instance: for the
creation of result objects "PGEVT_RESULTCREATE", I am clearing the result and
returning an error value.

I think that is the expected behavior when one calls PQexec and an out-of-memory
failure occurs.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC