Re: change encoding

От J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET
Тема Re: change encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martijn,

Thank you very much for reply. It has worked perfectly.

Have a good life,

All beings be happy

Martijn van Oosterhout escribió:
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 05:37:27PM +0200, J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET wrote:
I have the idea to create the database and the role and then load the
pg_dump result from the other database. The old databse has encoding
LATIN2 so I try to create with this encoding and I get the message(*):
ERROR: la codificacion LATIN2 no coincide con la configuracion regional
del servidor es_es.UTF8
DETAIL: la configuracion regional LC_TYPE del servidor requiere la
codificacion UTF8

The command I try is:
postgres=# create database gestio_sl with template=template0 owner
webadmin encoding='latin2';
My point was, the database does not have to be in LATIN2 (so remove
the encoding=latin2 part). If you leave the database in UTF-8 but do
the command I suggested

ALTER DATABASE foo SET client_encoding=latin2;
Then everything will work like it used to and you will be able to load
your dump without problems.

If you really truly want to change the encoding you have to
reinitialise the whole cluster. Delete the directory and reinitdb.

Have a nice day,

--
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Affected # of Rows After TRIGGER/RULE Return
Сообщение: Re: Affected # of Rows After TRIGGER/RULE Return