Re: RAID controllers for Postgresql on large setups

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: RAID controllers for Postgresql on large setups
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Chris Ruprecht wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> did you try to run the 345 on an IBM ServeRAID 6i?

No the only controllers I had at the time were the 2120 and the LSI on
board that is limited to RAID 1. I put the drives on the LSI in JBOD and
used Linux software raid.

The key identifier for me was using a single writer over 6 (RAID 10)
drives with the 2120 I could get ~ 16 megs a second. The moment I went
to multiple writers it dropped exponentially.

However with software raid I was able to sustain ~ 16 megs a second over
multiple threads. I stopped testing at 4 threads when I was getting 16
megs per thread :). I was happy at that point.

Joshua D. Drake

Сообщение: Re: RAID controllers for Postgresql on large setups
Сообщение: Re: RAID controllers for Postgresql on large setups