Re: How to create a function with multiple RefCursor OUT parameters

От Chuck Bai
Тема Re: How to create a function with multiple RefCursor OUT parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The following is a function from PosgreSQL documentation to return
multiple cursors from a single function:

CREATE FUNCTION myfunc(refcursor, refcursor) RETURNS SETOF refcursor AS $$
BEGIN
    OPEN $1 FOR SELECT * FROM table_1;
    RETURN NEXT $1;
    OPEN $2 FOR SELECT * FROM table_2;
    RETURN NEXT $2;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

-- need to be in a transaction to use cursors.
BEGIN;

SELECT * FROM myfunc('a', 'b');

FETCH ALL FROM a;
FETCH ALL FROM b;
COMMIT;

What I want to achieve is to modify the function to take an INOUT
parameter. For example:
myfunc(INOUT tcount integer, refcursor, refcursor). I want to add logic
to my INOUT parameter inside the function and return it back to client,
as well as returning the two refcursor results. How to modify this
function and how to test it in SQL to achieve my goal?