Slony-I testing, doc problems and master activity

От Martin Marques
Тема Slony-I testing, doc problems and master activity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm doing some tests with Slony-I on 2 PG 8.3 servers (Debian testing)
and I stumbled with some issues related to the Slony docs (from the
slony.info page).

For example, I configured /etc/slony1/prueba/slon.conf and
/etc/slony1/slon_tools.conf correctly to replicate three tables I have
in the "prueba" database.

Doing the steps in http://slony.info/documentation/firstdb.html in the
section "Using the altperl scripts" I found what I think are doc errors:

$ slonik_create_set 1

This line above should be, AFAICS:

$ slonik_create_set 1 | slonik

And:

$ slonik_subscribe_set  2 | slonik

is missing one parameter for slonik_subscribe_set, so it should be
something like:

$ slonik_subscribe_set  1 2 | slonik

Now, like that I got replication working great, at least that's what I
think. ;-)

The other problems, and which are the things that make me think I may
have done something wrong is that the nodes, master and slaves, DB have
quite a good amount of load, mostly rolled-back slony transactions. It
doesn't bloat the server, but I was interested in knowing if all those
queries are right.

Also, but maybe for someone else, the init script /etc/init.d/slony1
doesn't work right (I have to slon_start the nodes my hand one by one).