Re: Make ON_ERROR_STOP stop on shell script failure

От walther@technowledgy.de
Тема Re: Make ON_ERROR_STOP stop on shell script failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao:
> One concern about this patch is that some applications already depend on
> the current behavior of ON_ERROR_STOP, i.e., psql doesn't stop even when
> the shell command returns non-zero exit code. If so, we might need to
> extend ON_ERROR_STOP so that it accepts the following setting values.

I just got bitten by this and I definitely consider this a bug. I expect
psql to stop when a shell script fails and I have ON_ERROR_STOP set. I
don't think this should be made more complicated with different settings.

If someone needs to have ON_ERROR_STOP set, but continue execution after
a certain shell command, they could still do something like this:

\! might_fail || true

Best

Wolfgang