Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: operator is not unique: integer || integer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Schuchardt wrote:
> Tino Wildenhain schrieb:
>>
>> RETURN extract(year FROM $1)*100+extract(month FROM $1)-1;
>>
>> was too clean and easy? ;))
>>
>> Looks like a good oportunity to clean up your code before anything
>> unexpected happens :-)
>>
>> Cheers
>> T.
>>

> LOL. Yes I don't like such easy things  :-P
 > RAISE NOTICE "error during validation % :",
'ks:"'||ks||'"@"'||loopdate||'"';  (here LoopDate is a DateTime)

You know you can use more than one % in a raise and it will take care of
the data types?

create function atest() returns integer as $$
declare
   ks integer;
   loopdate timestamp;
begin
   ks := 3;
   loopdate := now();
   raise notice 'blah ks:%@%', ks, loopdate;
   return 1;
end;
$$ language plpgsql;

postgres=# select atest();
NOTICE:  blah ks:3@2008-05-06 09:58:55.812
 atest
-------
     1
(1 row)

klint.

--
Klint Gore
Database Manager

Ph: 02 6773 3789
Fax: 02 6773 3266
EMail: kgore4@une.edu.au

Сообщение: Re: Custom C function - is palloc broken?
Сообщение: Re: Custom C function - is palloc broken?