Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Benchmarks WAS: Sun Talks about MySQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Benchmarks WAS: Sun Talks about MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
(thread crossed over to pgsql-performance, where it belongs, from
pgsql-advocacy)

Greg,

> I think TPC-E will make both of these major improvements much more important.
> I suspect it would be hard to get 8.2 to even pass TPC-E due to the checkpoint
> dropouts.

You'd be surprised, then.  We're still horribly, horribly lock-bound on
TPC-E; on anything over 4 cores lock resolution chokes us to death.  See
Jignesh's and Paul's various posts about attempts to fix this.

Without resolving the locking issues, HOT and checkpoint doesn't have
much effect on TPCE.

--Josh