Re: Hot Standby and handling max_standby_delay

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hot Standby and handling max_standby_delay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>> Do we need a new record type for that, is there a handy record type to
>> bounce from?

> After starting streaming, slices of WAL are sent as CopyData messages.
> The CopyData payload begins with an XLogRecPtr, followed by the WAL
> data. That payload format needs to be extended with a 'message type'
> field and a new message type for the timestamps need to be added.

Whether or not anyone bothers with the timestamp message, I think adding
a message type header is a Must Fix item.  A protocol with no provision
for extension is certainly going to bite us in the rear before long.

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery