pgindent vs. git whitespace check

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема pgindent vs. git whitespace check
Дата
Re: pgindent vs. git whitespace check  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Commit e4602483e95 accidentally introduced a situation where pgindent
disagrees with the git whitespace check.  The code is

         conn = libpqsrv_connect_params(keywords, values,
                                         /* expand_dbname = */ false,
                                        PG_WAIT_EXTENSION);

where the current source file has 4 spaces before the /*, and the
whitespace check says that that should be a tab.

I think it should actually be 3 spaces, so that the "/*..." lines up
with the "keywords..." and "PG_WAIT..." above and below.

I suppose this isn't going to be a quick fix in pgindent, but if someone
is keeping track, maybe this could be added to the to-consider list.

In the meantime, I suggest we work around this, perhaps by

         conn = libpqsrv_connect_params(keywords, values, /* expand_dbname = */ false,
                                        PG_WAIT_EXTENSION);

which appears to be robust for both camps.

Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum