Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Re: WIP: default values for function parameters  ("Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Re: WIP: default values for function parameters  ("Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 12, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> So I think that really this is never going to fly unless it uses a
> keyword-looking reserved word.  And we're not going to take some short
> word that's not reserved now and suddenly make it so.  So, despite
> Pavel's objection that the AS syntax proposal might be confused with
> other uses of AS, I seriously doubt that any proposal is going to get
> accepted that doesn't recycle AS or some other existing reserved word.

I'm okay with AS if that's the way it has to be, but what about a
colon right at the end of the label? A cast is two colons, so no
conflict there:
  SELECT foo(1, name: 'bar', quantity: 10);

No doubt I'm missing something…

Best

David

Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Сообщение: Re: WIP: default values for function parameters