Re: BUG #4122: ./postres 'restart' does not start server with same options as 'start' does

От Gary Doades
Тема Re: BUG #4122: ./postres 'restart' does not start server with same options as 'start' does
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Eugen.Konkov@aldec.com wrote:
>> I have just installed Postgres 8.3.1.
>> And /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql and
>> <tar>/contrib/start-scripts/freebsd scripts are different
>> BUG in installator?
>
> the one in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql is likely the on that freebsd
> supplies if you install from the porttree so you should ask them ...
>

> Stefan

Actually this looks like an issue with pg_ctl on freebsd.

If I invoke pg_ctl manually to do a start:

pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data start

and then

ps aux

the root postgres process shows as:

/usr/local/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

However, if I manually do a restart:

pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data restart

the root postgres process shows as:

/usr/local/bin/postgres

i.e without the parameters.

The init script is not the problem as it invokes the same pg_ctl command
line in each case of start, stop, restart (apart from the start, stop,
restart bit of course).

Cheers,
Gary.