Re: effective_cache_size cannot be changed by a reload

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: effective_cache_size cannot be changed by a reload
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:34 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In 9.4dev, if the server is started with effective_cache_size = -1, then it
>> cannot be changed away from that without a restart.

> I think that's a bug. Patch attached.

PGC_S_FILE is at least as bogus as the previous choice; for one thing,
such a source setting implies there should be a file and line number
recorded.

I think PGC_S_DYNAMIC_DEFAULT is the right thing, but I've not absorbed
much caffeine yet today.  Also, if that is the right thing, the section of
guc-file.l beginning at about line 284 needs to get taught about it; which
probably means that set_default_effective_cache_size needs a rethink so
that it can be applied and do something useful in that situation.