Re: Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Alex Hunsaker wrote:

> Sorry if i missed the obvious reason not to do this... but if its a
> command line option the user can choose.  Why not something like this
> (i did it for pg_dump only...)

Actually, it's probably more important to be selectable at restore time
than at dump time, so if you're doing just one ...

This whole thing set me wondering whether or not we should provide a
more general command-line facility to psql and pg_restore, and maybe
others, to do some session setup before running their commands.

Of course, there's no reason we couldn't have both.

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Lessons from commit fest
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Patch for Prevent pg_dump/pg_restore from being affected by statement_timeout