Re: OT DBA type question - GRANT PRIVILEGE

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: OT DBA type question - GRANT PRIVILEGE
Дата
Re: OT DBA type question - GRANT PRIVILEGE
Re: OT DBA type question - GRANT PRIVILEGE
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, December 8, 2011 20:23, Craig Ringer wrote:
On Thu, December 8, 2011 17:28, Andy Colson wrote:

These are the only replies I received.  Am I to conclude
that most of the people on the list do not use GRANT
PRIVILEGE to implement anything more than the minimal
authorization scheme required to obtain access for anyone?

Nil reports, as in: "Generally, we do not use PostgreSQL's
GRANT PRIVILEGE to implement detailed user ACLs", would be
most welcome.  If instead you are using GRANT PRIVILEGE
and have not responded, a simple "We (often, occasionally,
seldom) use detailed GRANT PRIVILEGE based user ACLs" is
sufficient.

I really want to get a sense of how prevalent using GRANT
PRIVILEGE, beyond the minimum required, is.  And this
seems like a very good place to discover it. Again, please
reply off-list if you wish.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3