Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
Дата
Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On 5/6/20 5:18 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hello
>
> I think the recent changes to CSS might have broken things in the XSLT
> build; apparently the SGML tooling did things differently.  Compare the
> screenshot of tables 67.2 and 67.3 ... 9.6 on the left, master on the
> right.  Is the latter formatting correct/desirable?

I know that 9.6 uses a different subset of the styles, and I recall the
text being blue during the original conversion. For example, the "table"
in the 9.6 docs has a class of "CALSTABLE" whereas in master, it is
"table" (and we operate off of it as "table.table" when doing lookups,
to ensure anything else with class "table" is unaffected).

There's also not as much control over some of the older documentation as
there are less classes we can bind the CSS too.

The latest changes should only affect master (devel) and beyond.

Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
Сообщение: Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions