Re: BUG #4104: Uninstall/remove not working correctly

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #4104: Uninstall/remove not working correctly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
alex wrote:
> I recently uninstalled 8.3.1 and I deleted the remaining files not removed
> from the uninstaller. I then proceed to install 8.3.1 again using same user
> info as before. The installer proceeded to install until the creation of the
> user and it says "user postgres already exists" and then rollbacked the
> install. If I install using different username like postgres1 then
> everything's fine. Maybe this is not a bug but there is a file i am suppose
> to remove but missed?

start -> run -> compmgt.msc

in Computer Management, system tools -> local users and groups -> Users,
find 'postgres' and delete it.

also delete the directories and contents in "C:\Documents and
Settings\postgres" and/or "C:\Documents and
Settings\postgres.MACHINENAME" (these are the account profile
directories, and when the user 'postgres' gets recreated, they will have
the wrong ownership).