Re: PostgresSQL on a networked drive with multiple users

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PostgresSQL on a networked drive with multiple users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
J Ottery wrote:
> Thanks Craig for making me look like an idiot. I feel bad now.

That wasn't my intent, so I'm sorry for making you feel bad about it. I
was just trying to stress the importance of only ever having one pg
instance using a data directory. If you're used to shared-access systems
it's a natural question, and the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/creating-cluster.html

doesn't explicitly spell out that it's a bad idea to have multiple Pg
servers accessing a database cluster.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Postgres on shared network drive
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Postgres on shared network drive