Re: [DOCS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW

От: Andrew Dunstan
Тема: Re: [DOCS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-hackers

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Alvaro Herrera, )
 Re: [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [DOCS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: [DOCS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Andrew Dunstan, )
   Re: [DOCS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: [DOCS] [SQL] pl/PgSQL, variable names in NEW  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:45:25 -0400
> Tom Lane <> wrote:
>

>> Alvaro Herrera <> writes:
>>
>>> Question for plperl hackers:  Should we remove the mention of
>>> DBD::PgSPI from the PL/Perl manual?
>>>
>> It seems like a reasonable suggestion to me, since perl database users
>> probably already know DBD and don't have to learn something new if
>> they go that way.
>>
>> Possibly the text should be reworded, with the mention of DBD::PgSPI
>> put somewhere else or stuck into a <note> or something.
>>

> From what I can see on CPAN (unless I am missing something) DBD::PgSPI
> hasn't been updated since 2004 and is at version 0.2.
>
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/
>
> I think it can safely be removed in entirety from our manuals.

+1. It's also GNU licensed, so we can't include it. A clean room BSD
licensed implementation would be a nice addition, but it really doesn't
buy you much in functionality that you don't already have.

cheers

andrew

В списке pgsql-hackers по дате сообщения: