Re: Commit fest queue

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Commit fest queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Dunstan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>
>>  well what about having the tracker being subscribed to the list and let it
>> create a bug/patch/ticket id automatically for new mails - that way all
>> stuff is automatically tracked ? - That way it can be categorized in the
>> course of the following discussion but no history gets lost.
>
> I presume you mean for -patches and not -hackers. Even so I reckon
> that would create vastly more noise than signal in the eventual
> tracker - part of the existing problem has been that wading through
> list archives is a pain for someone wanting to know the current status
> of a patch. I can't see the above helping that.

well subscribe to both (so it can track discussions that move from
-patches to -hackers) but only create tickets for stuff submitted to
-patches.
As for changing the status of a patch there will always need to be
someone actually categorizing the patch - either by doing that in the
tracker (or by adding an email command to one of the mails in the
discussion or in the gui of whatever tool we use).
The advantage would be that the information is fairly structured and
most trackers have rather simply ways to condense the information down
to a simple dashboard like thing (like what we have in the wiki) or
provide an RSS feed or whatever.

Stefan