Re: BUG #4084: Some DST timezones switche to summer time (one week) later

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: BUG #4084: Some DST timezones switche to summer time (one week) later
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Premysl Paska napsal(a):

> Bug reference:      4084
> Logged by:          Premysl Paska
> Email address:      premek.paska@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.15
> Operating system:   Linux
> later
> Details:
>
> We use TIMESTAPM WITH TIMEZONE to insert datetime values into our DB. The
> problem is with the CEST timezone (Central European Summer Time; Prague) and
> possibly some others.
>
> The summer time started on 2008-03-30 02:00 in the CEST timezone shifting
> offset with respect to UTC from +1 to +2. But PostgreSQL kept inserting with
> the former +1 offset after this day. We tested it for various other dates
> and realized that it switches to the summer time one week later
> (2008-04-06).

Do you use system timezone for PostgreSQL or do you use postgres timezone file?
But anyway there was not any change in CET timezone for a long time.

> The same problem was reported with a North American  timezone.
>
> (BTW we have another problem with TZ, after we change TZ in the system, we
> must restart Postgres to apply it also to the DB.)

Yes, PostgreSQL caches TZ data, however any others application in system could
be confused too when you update TZ data as well.

        Zdenek