Re: simple update queries take a long time - postgres 8.3.1

От Tomasz Ostrowski
Тема Re: simple update queries take a long time - postgres 8.3.1
Дата
Re: simple update queries take a long time - postgres 8.3.1
Список pgsql-general
On 2008-04-02 09:30, mark wrote:

> Based on what Tomasz suggested a day ago, I had changed settings to
>        checkpoint_segments = 16
>        checkpoint_timeout = 20min
>        checkpoint_completion_target = 0.8
> but i still do get statements that take over 2 or 3 seconds to execute
> sometimes... should I increase checkpoint_segments to 30 now?

Go for it. Even 64 (I like round numbers) would not be too much. This
would make 1GB of data in WALs.

> Should I change checkpoint_timeout & checkpoint_completion_target too??

I'd recommend not. Too much and your recovery time would be in hours.
And too big checkpoint_completion_target could make your original
problem even worse.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you