Re: [HACKERS] Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File

От korry
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Now libpq doesn't have any provision for DETAIL or HINT in its
> locally-generated messages at the moment, so we can't just duplicate
> the backend message, but we could do something like this example
> from elsewhere in libpq:
>
>     if (stat_buf.st_mode & (S_IRWXG | S_IRWXO))
>     {
>         fprintf(stderr,
>                 libpq_gettext("WARNING: password file \"%s\" has world or group read access; permission should be
u=rw(0600)\n"),
>                 pgpassfile);
>         return NULL;
>     }

Hmmm... I'm not crazy about libpq printing error messages to stderr.
The client application can't intercept those messages. And those
messages will often get lost - many client applications don't have
useful stderr streams (think GUI application on Win32).

          -- Korry

--

  Korry Douglas  <korryd@enterprisedb.com>

От: "Olexandr Melnyk"
Сообщение: Re: GSoC Proposal: PL/Mono
От: "Jeff Williams"
Сообщение: Check if table or View exists