Re: first time hacker ;) messing with prepared statements

От James Mansion
Тема Re: first time hacker ;) messing with prepared statements
Дата
Patch : Global Prepared Statements  (PFC <lists@peufeu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
PFC wrote:
>     Hello,
>     So, I embarked (yesterday) on a weekend project to add a new
> feature to Postgres...
>     I use PHP with persistent connections and always have been
> bothered that those very small AJAX queries (usually simple selects
> returning 1 row) take more CPU in postgres to parse & plan than to
> actually execute.
Microsoft's answer to this issue with SQLServer appears to have been to
introduce a smart
cache for all statement plans. It seems to be very effective. I guess
you're doing much the
same thing but with more user intervention,  in effect.

Are you sure that you application wouldn't benefit more from a MOM
solution with
persisted database connections? Have you looked at
http://safmq.sourceforge.net/?

James

От: PFC
Сообщение: first time hacker ;) messing with prepared statements
От: "Gokulakannan Somasundaram"
Сообщение: Re: Hash Join Optimization