Re: Count not updated with VACUUM ANALYZE

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Count not updated with VACUUM ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Melvin Davidson a écrit :
> *PgAdmin III 1.8.2***
>

> I have statistics enabled on my server. However, when I do a VACUUM
> ANALYZE on my database, the count [ Rows (counted) ] is set to “not
> counted”.
>

> Now I can right click on the individual tables and select “Count” to
> manually update it, but shouldn’t the VACUUM have done that?

Nope. ANALYZE collects some statistics (for example an estimated number
of rows on each table... this number is available in pgAdmin under the
exact number of rows).

The Count item of the contextual menu does a count(*) on the table. So,
it gives you the exact number of rows.

> Also, is there an documented (or undocumented) function I can run to
> manually update the counts.

No. You really need to select the menu item "Count" to have the exact
number of rows.

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com