Re: Integer datetimes

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Integer datetimes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>> Tom Lane napsal(a):
>>> This is not happening, at least not without 100 times more work than
>>> anyone has shown willingness to put into the issue.
>
>> I understand your arguments, but it is important for in-place upgrade.
>
> No, it is not, you merely need to be sure the new version is configured
> the same as the old ... which is a requirement anyway.

It depends. For example, currently postgreSQL allows only collation setting per
database, but somebody will develop collation per database or column. After that
the situation will be different. Upgrade have to transfer collation from control
file to catalog and so on. Configuration will be different but there will be
possible transition.

Probably all packager will delivery 8.4 and newer with integer datetime, but
people who will use in-place upgrade they will not use official package. I think
it is not good idea.
    Zdenek

Сообщение: Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)