Re: Planning hot/live backups?

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Planning hot/live backups?
Дата
Re: Planning hot/live backups?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
Steve Poe wrote:
> The owners of the animal hospital where I work at want to consider live/hot
> backups through out the day so we're less likely to lose a whole
> day of transaction.  We use Postgresql 8.0.15. We do 3AM
> backups, using pg_dumpall, to a file when there is very little activity.

You probably want to look into PITR, you can have a constant ongoing
backup of your data and never lose more than a few minutes of data.  The
overhead isn't all the big especially if you are shipping the log files
to a separate server.

Сообщение: Re: Planning hot/live backups?
Сообщение: Re: Planning hot/live backups?