Re: postgresql.org mail infrastructure

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: postgresql.org mail infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> The postgresql.org mail infrastructure is currently deeply intertwined
> with the hub.org system. This makes it difficult for the 2 non-hub.org
> people who have access to manage the systems, and means that any
> problems with hub.org affect us, and any problems caused by us will
> affect hub.org customers.

yeah - I think this fact adds quite some complexity to the whole system
- and keeping things simple is quite often a really good concept.

> I propose that we build a replacement mail system, tailored to our
> needs. This would be built on our existing FreeBSD infrastructure and
> would be managed by members of the existing sysadmin team including
> myself, Magnus, Stefan and Marc. Further, it has been suggested that
> OmniTI may be able to offer assistance.
>
> Can I please get a show of hands for and against progressing with such
> a project?

well such a project would be a fairly large undertaking and needs to be
planned properly - but +1 on the idea of decoupling the hub.org
infrastructure from the postgresql.org on at least a logical (ie
seperate jails) level.

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: postgresql.org mail infrastructure
Сообщение: Re: postgresql.org mail infrastructure