Re: Access complains : Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit

От Fred Parkinson
Тема Re: Access complains : Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Just shooting in the dark, but do you have the Access form property 'allow additions' set to 'yes', and could a user
navigateto the 'new record' without even knowing it?  Perhaps they are starting a new record without knowing it, and
notincluding information required by a record before they attempt to navigate away to another record?

>>> Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> 03/20/2008 10:20 AM >>>
Hi,

I've build an application with Access 2000/2003 that uses a remote PG
8.2.6 via SSH tunnel.
The forms have bound controls and usually work decently.

But now and then a user reports a error (I have to translate):
.. event before update caused an error:
Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit

They say they dont do anything special. Just clicking a checkbox or
trying to jump to the next record would do to trigger the error.
Later the same action won't cause any trouble, so I can't crack this in
debug-mode. Here on my box it always works as expected.

The error appears daily so the productive folks get annoyed but I have
no idea where to look.   :(

Could someone here give a hint?