Re: Patch to make some strings available to translations

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Patch to make some strings available to translations
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already sent this patch a few months before, but didn't get an answer
> on it. So, I updated it and hope for the best :)
>
> Anyways, a few words on one file of this patch. I had to change
> system/global/pgpage.php in two ways.
>
> First, to add '.UTF-8' to the locale. Without, I couldn't get any
> gettext translation to work. I wonder if Adrian had to do the same for
> his translation. I don't think the way I did it is absolutely right, so
> I would like comments on this.

Good question. I *think* it's correct since it has to match a locale on
the machine, which does require .UTF-8.

Anybody else?

> Second, base_href is set to http://www.postgresql.org/, making any links
> go to the official website. I'm wondering why we didn't use the value of
> $_SETTINGS['hosted_url'] for example as it can be a local setting.

This is intentional. If you end up on wwwmaster by a link, you should
automatically be sent back to the www mirrors.

You can control this by setting the ISMASTER variable from your apache
configuration. Set it to "1" and there will be no base href set. For
example, the config on wwwmaster has:

# When accessed locally, don't set BASE HREF, because that would break
# the static mirrors. When accessed dynamically, set it so we don't
# load the dynamic server with static requests.        SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "^(127|217\.196\.146\.204)" ISMASTER=1

In the apache config.

> Any comments ? better ways to solve these ?

I assume it's a typo that you included a patch for .htaccess there? If
not, then that part certainly looks wrong :-)

I assume you have tested that once these things are changed,
translations of them actually work? I'm particularly wondering about the
parts where there are template tags inside the translation.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: