Re: Repeated execution of identical subqueries

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Repeated execution of identical subqueries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> No, not at the moment.  In principle the planner could look for such
> duplicates, but it'd be wasted cycles so much of the time that I'd be
> loath to do it.

Good point - there are better places to spend time, and I imagine it'd
be an expensive thing to check too.
> There is work afoot to implement the SQL:2003 "WITH" syntax, which
> I think would offer a syntactic solution to your problem.
Yes, it would. In fact, I was thinking about the syntax seen in some
functional languages - like Haskell's `where' clause - that defines a
subexpression available to all parts of the expression. If the SQL:2003
WITH expression is anything like that it'd be very handy indeed.

--
Craig Ringer

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10
От: "petchimuthu lingam"
Сообщение: partial index + select query performance