Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit

От Rainer Pruy
Тема Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit
Дата
Ответ на Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-performance
We experienced a similar degradation,
when heavily using savepoints within a single transaction.
However, we had not yet enough time to really investigate the issue.
It also was not directly reproducible using a (small) set of statements from a script.
As the overall scenario "bulk loads with sub-transactions" is close to the scenario we do run, it might come down to
thesame reason, so.

Thus take my vote for a solution that does not end up with "don't use (sub-) transactions".

Regards,
Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Geschäftsführer

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Untermainkai 29-30, D-60329 Frankfurt
Tel: +49-69-244506-0 - Fax: +49-69-244506-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151