[SQL] Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема [SQL] Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I've got a patch to psql that offers a "no wider than terminal" option,
patched against cvs head.  Would anyone be willing to test this before I
submit the patch?

# \pset format aligned-wrapped
# \pset border 2
# select * from distributors order by did;
Word wrap debug: rows=11 terminal=66 total_w=108
Max= 8 18 56 13
Avg= 2 11 17 0
+-----+-------------------+----------------------+---------------+
| did |       name        |        descr         | long_col_name |
+-----+-------------------+----------------------+---------------+
|   5 | Food Heaven       | default              |               |
|  10 | Lah               | default              |               |
|   3 | Cat Food Heaven 3 | default              |               |
|   4 | Cat Food Heaven 4 | default              |               |
|   2 | Cat Food Heaven 2 | abcdefghijklmnopqrst :               |
|     |                   | uvwxyz               |               |
| 289 : short name        | short                |               |
| 287 :                   |                      |               |
|  99 | Tab \x09 tab      | --                   |               |
|   6 | multiwrap         | line oneeeeeeeeeeeee :               |
|     |                   | eeeeeeeeeeeee        |               |
|     |                   | line two             |               |
|     |                   | line threeeeeeeeeeee :               |
|     |                   | eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :               |
|     |                   | eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee     |               |
(9 rows)