Re: Function returns error (view)

От Bart Degryse
Тема Re: Function returns error (view)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
For rather "simple" queries like this one PostgreSQL indeed seems to be quite smart.
I have quite a lot of statements where it does make a difference though (PostgreSQL 8.2.4).
As long as I have one statement where it makes a difference I will use the join
rather than the IN(subselect) just to be sure of optimal performance.
Keeping that in mind I don't see any harm in advising others to do so too.
But you're right in stating that it's not always necessary.

2008/2/27, Bart Degryse <Bart.Degryse@indicator.be>:

> I would also suggest you replace the
> ...t.cod_user IN (subselect)
> by a join construction. I think it's more performant.

In recent versions PostgreSQL is quite smart when planning IN, so that
shouldn't be a concern.

Markus

--
Markus Bertheau