Re: Fastest way to check aliveness of connection

От Daniel Migowski
Тема Re: Fastest way to check aliveness of connection
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello Oliver,

Oliver Jowett schrieb:
> Running an empty query ("") is probably the simplest way.
>
> In theory you could do something slightly faster at the protocol level
> (just send Sync and wait for ReadyForQuery) but there's no interface
> currently exposed to do that and I doubt that it will be much faster
> than an empty query anyway.
Yes, I investigated that, but since the normal query procedure also just
sends one package, the gain for just sending the sync does not really
matter. Of course, your idea with the empty query is great. Thanks alot.

With best regards,
Daniel Migowski