Re: Deploying PostgreSQL on virtualized hardware

От TJ O'Donnell
Тема Re: Deploying PostgreSQL on virtualized hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I've been running PostgreSQL on a virtual server for
several years now.  I'm using VMWare with a Windows
host and Linux guest.  I've configured it to let Linux
use a raw partition as a disk.  Before I used a
separate partition, the virtual disk had been a
Windows file.  Using the disk partition increased
performance, but I don't recall now exactly how much.
This is a small setup with a handful of users.
The database contains only dozens of tables,
but some have ~8 million rows.  I've allocated
1Mb of RAM to the virtual machine.

Hope this helps.

TJ
http://www.gnova.com

> In a couple months, I'm going to be considering how best to deploy an
> application I have that uses PostgreSQL as its back-end.  It also makes
> heavy use of Perl under mod_perl and UMN MapServer with a sprinkling of
> PostGIS.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: