Re: Function description

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Function description
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Bart Degryse wrote:
> Hi all,
> I find some 1553 functions in pg_catalog of which only a small part is documented in the manual.
> Does anyone know where I can find what the others do with maybe an example.

There's no other documentation (apart from the source) but most are
repetitions and conversions:

For example "\df int4" returns 8 identically named casts to cover
converting from numeric, real, smallint etc. There is a similar list for
int2 and most other types in the system.

Likewise "\df int*mod" will show a set of modulo-calculation functions
for various sizes of integer.

So - they're not explicitly documented as separate functions, but they
implement operators and public functions that are.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd