Re: Optimizing No matching record Queries

От Pallav Kalva
Тема Re: Optimizing No matching record Queries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks! for all your replies, I tried increasing the statistics on
fklistingsourceid to 1000 it made any difference.  Then I created an
index on (fklistingsourceid,entrydate) it helped and it was fast.

This index would fix this problem but in general I would like to know
what if  there are queries where it does "index scan backwards" and
there is no "order by clause" and the query is still bad ? Would there
be a case like that or the planner uses index scan backwards only when
use order by desc also.