Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> Slony is good as long as there are no DDLs issued.  And its easy to
> shoot oneself in the foot if one is not careful (some time ago I have
> lost all the triggers while upgrading from 8.1 to 8.2; it was my fault
> since I did pg_dump -s on a slave database, not on the master...).

It can also be a very time consuming process.  It often also involves
having to juggle resources around, find extra disk space floating around
somewhere to build extra replicas, or abandon your fail over target for
a period of time while upgrade that.

BTW, the trigger issue goes away with 8.3 and Slony 2.0.

Brad.

От: Csaba Nagy
Сообщение: Re: Perceived weaknesses of postgres
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Storing images as BYTEA or large objects